Sunday, May 26, 2013

Strip Search: Revisited

The show is drawing to a close, and I find myself deeply enmeshed in the drama and excitement.  I really have to hand it to the Penny Arcade crew and all of the artists.  Everyone comes across so well.  The crew seems to be editing to their benefit, rather than to play up drama, backstabbing and all other trashy tropes that reality TV is well known for.  Kudos and Bravo.

Of course, another trope of reality TV is that as a viewer, I have to resist the feeling that I *know* the artists, based on their performances on the show.  I am always gripped with this feeling after I watch a couple episodes.  I think this is normal, after all, how well adapted to watching people move around on a glowing box can I expect myself to be?  Our chromosomes are the product of millions of years of evolution, as our human instincts.  Motion pictures have only been around for a hundred years or so.  But I digress.

the purpose of this rationalization is that it helps me to control my behavior so that I don't turn into a weird stalkery fan guy thing that I fear these artists are now plagued by.  However, I do want to give a little feedback, a vote of confidence and otherwise.  Though I suppose the best thing to do in that case would be to buy some shit from each of the artists stores... Yes, I suppose that is the best vote of confidence.

So, without further ado, here are select products from each artist:

Tavis:


Monica:


Erika:

Amy:
She doesn't appear to have any products, so here's a link to her strip.  And a link to her artist page.

------------------------------

Alright, that's all I have time for right now.  Consider the above products my 'wishlist' like if it was all on Amazon or something.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment